1898 began construction of the central, and now historic, original Woodward School located in Southern Utah’s, St. George. This momentous structure replaced the 30 years of provisional shelters that had been used for education and learning since the early settlers of the community. The dedication of this original school house was the first of its kind in the area. It was constructed with native red sandstone from a local quarry with black volcanic rock used for the foundation and came at a cost of $35,000. It housed 12 classrooms and a basement and complete with a cupola bell tower.
The first major remodel on the school took place in 1957 and Wilkinson Electric was privileged to be a part of the latest school restoration that competed in 2003.